Medistus Antivirus Pastilles
Medistus® Antivirus is a novel Class IIa medical device product ( 0481) with an active ingredient complex containing plant-based substances.
The Kistosyn® 200 extract forms through its natural active substances a protective film over the oral and pharyngeal mucosa. This protective barrier leads to a physical (mechanical) protection against viruses (cold viruses) and bacteria, which helps prevent their penetration into body cells and their further propagation.
Due to this physical effect resistance development is not possible.
When, How often and how long shal Medistus Antivirus be applied:
- For protection at increased risk of airways infection of viral and bacterial origin.
- Even at the first signs of scratching in the throat.
- Adults: Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth 3 to 6 times a day.
- Children older than 12 years (and of at least 25 kg body weight): Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth 3 times a day.
- Children older than 6 years: Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth once a day.